Welcome to the Kitten D'Amour Blog!
'Lovey Dovey' Cookies featuring Tammy Kitten!
Join Tammy Kitten as she shares her recipe for 'Love Dovey' heart shaped Cookies, with a side of sizing advice!
Nothing says love like heart-shaped cookies! A batch of home-baked goodies is a great way to show that special someone you care. Whether you fancy something homemade, cute to look at, or just plain delicious, Tammy Kitten's famous 'Lovely Dovey' Heart Shaped Cookie Recipe is sure to be a hit!
Gather your supplies and ingredients and get ready to bake the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day...just make sure you are wearing your 'Lovey Dovey' Apron so you can stay mess free!
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + extra for rolling over your work surface!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temp)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on high speed until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat on high feed until combined (about 1 minute). Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be relatively soft. If the dough seems a little too soft and stick, sprinkle with a tablespoon of flour!
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Place each portion on a piece of lightly floured baking paper (or silicon baking mat) then with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a sprinkle more of flour is the dough is still too sticky.
- Lightly dust one of the rolled out doughs with flour. Place a piece of parchment on top (this prevents sticking). Place the 2nd rolled out dough on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours (up to 2 days).
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 2-3 large baking sheets with baking paper or silicon mats.
- Carefully remove the top dough from the refrigerator.
- Using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut the dough into heart shapes. Re-roll any remaining dough and keep cutting shapes until it's all used. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
- Arrange your cookies on the baking sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. If your oven has hot spots, be sure to rotate the baking sheet halfway through so the cookies bake evenly. Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- Eat as is or decorate anyway you wish!
Sizing advice featuring Tammy Kitten in 'Lovey Dovey'!
Bust 86cms / Waist 64cms / Hips 91cms
Tammy finishes her 'Love Dovey' feature with the words:
Thank you Tammy for your amazing and yummy cookie recipe! I baked these delicious cookies the other day while wearing my Lovey Dovey Apron and I felt so cute. Needless to say, I think I need a Kitten D’Amour themed kitchen now 😍
Tammy is so cute. I’m going to give these a go!